Tuesday, July 21, 2009

New Blog


I started this blog with Live Journal (http://midnghtdolphin.livejournal.com), but have decided to move over here to chronicle my crafting successes and mishaps.

I had my first sale yesterday. I sold a cute pair of crocheted slippers (picture above). I also finished two baby blankets in the last couple of weeks. My newest project is a cute purse. It's blue with bamboo handles, and I'll be putting a picture up (as well as listing it on Etsy) as soon as it's finished.

That said, I really need to get back to making jewelry. I have so many beads, and I really haven't done much with them in forever. The last thing that I made was a pair of earrings that I love, but I just can't seem to find the time to sit down and bead. Part of the problem is that my favorite necklace broke, and I don't have the heart to fix it (it's all oxidized stirling silver and swarovski crystals), because it'll pretty much be redoing the whole thing, and I have no idea where the chemical to oxidize the silver is at the moment.

Oh well. Class later. Then home to work on the purse.

And just for fun, here are my websites: www.designsbylexa.com www.midnghtdolphin.etsy.com

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo on first sale!

    I have the same kind of dilemma... so many awesome beads, but haven't gotten around to doing anything with them yet... including some very rare beads only found in the Amazon! ::sigh::

    That blue purse is awfully pretty. ^_^

    ReplyDelete